Jenner & Knewstub
Established around 1856 by Frederick Jenner and Fabian James Knewstub, they were located at 33 St James’s Street, and then later in 1862, at 66 Jermyn Street, London. Their work was displayed at the International Exhibition of 1862 and at the International Exposition of 1878 in Paris. They quickly obtained many royal warrants including those to the Russian royal family and Queen Victoria.
Whilst its not certain when Charles Louis Faber had joined in partnership, his retirement in 1886 left Jenner and Knewstub themselves to continue on the business. The company was liquidated in 1889 and absorbed into the business of A. Webster & Co. at 60 Piccadilly, London, retaining the Jenner & Knewstub name as a limited company.